Nathan Feiles is a licensed psychotherapist in New York City, near Columbus Circle and Carnegie Hall, working with individuals, couples, and groups. He works with people locally throughout the New York City area, and also nationally and internationally via online coaching.
Along with various areas of general mental health (Anxiety, Depression, etc.), Nathan’s specialty work with Migraines, and with Fear of Flying (the Balanced Flying Method) have notably received global attention for his unique and effective approaches in working with these issues.
If you are outside of New York City and wish to work with Nathan in one of his areas of specialty, he will meet with you on a coaching basis. Online video sessions are conducted via FaceTime, VSee, or Skype. Contact Nathan for further information.
Nathan works with adults (18+), and his specialties include:
- Fear of Flying* (The Balanced Flying Method)
- Relationship Issues
- Commitment Issues
- Life Transitions
- Performing & Visual Artists*
- Couples Therapy
- General Stress
* Long-distance specialty coaching available.
EDUCATION & AFFILIATIONS:
Nathan earned his M.A. in Clinical Social Work from New York University (NYU). He has received extensive postgraduate education in New York City working with relational issues, including training in comprehensive and integrative psychotherapy, contemporary (relational) psychodynamic and psychoanalytic therapies, affect regulation, and the incorporation of cognitive-behavioral therapy, mindfulness, trauma techniques, and neuroscience.
He is affiliated with National Institute for the Psychotherapies (NIP) in New York City, where he completed a 4-year post-graduate training in adult comprehensive psychotherapy and contemporary psychoanalysis. Prior to private practice, Nathan spent several years as a psychotherapist working in community mental health in New York City.
Other affiliations include:
- National Association for Social Workers (NASW – New York Chapter, National Affiliation)
- National Institute for the Psychotherapies Professional Association (NIPPA)
- American Association for Psychoanalysis in Clinical Social Work (AAPCSW)
- Psychoanalytic Division of the American Psychological Association (Division 39)
- New York State Society for Clinical Social Work (NYSSCSW).
Nathan is available for interviews and presentations of any of the listed specialty topics.
Licensed Clinical Social Worker: State of New York (License Number 081198), State of California (License Number 63888)