Nathan Feiles is a licensed psychotherapist in New York City, working with individuals, couples, and groups. His work also often attracts people nationally, as well as internationally. If you are outside of NY and wish to work with Nathan in one of his areas of specialty, he will consider working with you on a coaching basis. Online video sessions are conducted via FaceTime, VSee, or Skype. Contact Nathan for further information.
Nathan works with adults (18+), and his specialties include:
- Relationship Issues
- Commitment Issues
- Life Transitions
- Couples therapy
- Fear of Flying*
- Performing & Visual Artists*
* Long-distance specialty coaching available.
Groups: Social Anxiety; Depression; Migraine Support
EDUCATION & AFFILIATIONS:
Nathan earned his M.A. in Clinical Social Work from New York University (NYU). He has received extensive postgraduate education in New York City working with relational issues, including training in comprehensive and integrative psychotherapy, contemporary (relational) psychodynamic and psychoanalytic therapies, affect regulation, and the incorporation of cognitive-behavioral therapy, mindfulness, trauma techniques, and neuroscience.
He is affiliated with National Institute for the Psychotherapies (NIP) in New York City, where he completed a 4-year post-graduate training in adult comprehensive psychotherapy and contemporary psychoanalysis. Prior to private practice, Nathan spent several years as a psychotherapist working in community mental health in New York City.
Other affiliations include:
- National Association for Social Workers (NASW – New York Chapter, National Affiliation)
- American Association for Psychoanalysis in Clinical Social Work (AAPCSW)
- Psychoanalytic Division of the American Psychological Association (Division 39)
- New York State Society for Clinical Social Work (NYSSCSW).
- San Diego Psychological Association (SDPA)
- California Association for Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT)
Nathan is available for interviews and presentations of any of the listed specialty topics.
Licensed Clinical Social Worker: State of New York (License Number 081198), State of California (License Number 63888)