Migraines can be a lonely and painful struggle, impacting many areas of life.
One of my specialties is helping people who struggle with migraines to be able to cope with and manage life among this issue, while also dealing with the emotional struggles that often accompany chronic migraines.
There are a variety of reasons people come to me to work on dealing with chronic migraines:
- Support from someone who understands that migraines are more than just a headache
- To explore and work through any underlying causes or present stressors that may be contributing to the migraines (to help reduce frequency and severity)
- To have a space to cope with and a manage the frustrations of dealing with this intrusive life issue
- Figuring out how to still have a productive and fulfilling life while dealing with a chronic condition
- Managing relationships that can often be impacted by this issue
- Working on emotional balance and other issues that can often accompany chronic migraines
Our Work Together
In our work here together, we will aim to understand your overall migraine experience and how this struggle impacts your life and relationships, as a whole. We will go at a pace that is comfortable to you as we work on relieving the emotional elements that can exacerbate and accompany migraines, and help you be able to manage your life among this chronic issue.
Contact Nathan Feiles for help with migraine-related issues »
More about Migraines…
Migraines: The Silent Voice of Our Past
I’ve discussed in previous articles the idea that emotional history (past and present) can be a significant factor with chronic migraines. That’s not to, in any way, ignore the relevance of neuroscience and medical factors [read more]
Migraines: “No One Understands”
Can migraines hurt your relationships? Unfortunately, they can, and often they do. This is just an additional frustration and inherent lack of fairness experienced in the life of someone who struggles with migraines. When migraines [read more]
Migraines and Headaches: Yes, Psychotherapy Can Help
The experience of suffering from chronic migraines is very personal. There are many different ways one can experience a migraine, however there is still little certainty around what actually causes or cures migraines. While it’s [read more]